Thursday, January 17, 2013

36 weeks...almost 37, tomorrow :)

Christian's lungs are almost fully developed!
(So is Mama's belly!)
How many weeks? 36 weeks and 6 days
Total weight gain: Refer to note at bottom....you'll understand in a minute
Maternity clothes?  Yep, finding the lose fitting pants to my best friend right now. No longer wearing heals to work
Stretch marks? No...trying to stay strong here!!
Sleep: Considering my belly is huge and Christian likes to move at night, I will say I'm sleeping better than I thought I would.
Best moment this week: We are officially under 25 days to our countdown! We are all ready for our baby boy to get here! He had hiccups Sunday night before bed again which makes me giggle because they are so sweet! Had a doctor appointment Tuesday (15th) and everything seems to be on track. I am not dilated yet so no real progress, but I still have plenty of time. I am now going to the doc every week :)
Miss Anything? Sitting comfortable on the couch, in the car, at work....anywhere really
Movement: He is an active boy! At times I seriously wonder if he is going to tear out of my skin
Food cravings: MILK and I did have a moment this week where I had to have Avocados, so Tyler took me to our local Mexican restaurant :)
Anything making you queasy or sick:  No
Gender: Sweet Baby Boy
Symptoms:  Swelling! It's definitely kicked in....BOO
Belly Button in or out? Hanging "in" for it's dear life
Mood?: Excited! It's getting SO close!
Looking forward to: Soaking up and taking in our final days before our life is truly changed forever. I am beyond anxious to meet Christian, but can't believe it's really almost here! So I want to really enjoy these last days with Tyler :)

CONFESSION:

OK, so I'm coming clean with my weight gain. I've only been going up a couple lbs a week as I blog because 1. I truly haven't tracked my exact week gain 2. It's one of those things you'd rather just not know. But after my M.D. appointment yesterday, I realized I have been a little too "generous" to myself  and it's time to confess....uh oh ;)

I'm sharing this for those women who are self conscious about their weight and worry about what people think as they gain (pregnant or not), it's not a fun thing to face period. Either way I've always been one to be open and honest with this topic as I feel like there is so much pressure on how much a woman weighs and not has she feels.

So, with that said here are my numbers...

Starting weight: 148-150  
Preggo as of 1/16/2013: 202  

Total Weight Gain: Around 52lbs

WOW. I thought for sure I would be a "fit" pregnant chick but the reality of it is- I'm so far from it. I have not eaten the ice cream, cookies, and pizza everyday like you hear with pregnancy or had insane cravings. But I also haven't eaten "clean". I've wanted carbs, meats, veggies and have indulged in foods I wouldn't typically: Ribs, Ramen Noodles, Chicken Wings...the list goes on. All of this with the mentality of, "You know what, I'm pregnant...I can do this" then others around me reminding me "I'm eating for two".

I learned a valuable lesson...that's all a bunch a nonsense. 

I've come a very long way in learning and understanding my body. This journey itself  has been the biggest life changing event I could ever go through and I'm so grateful I have. But ladies, please do not have the mentality of "Eating for two" because truly you aren't adding that much more to your diet. I think I took this and ran with it because I'm always trying to watch what I eat and this was my guilt-free ticket to eat whatever, whenever. And when the doctors told me I couldn't lift more than 20#'s total, I was so discouraged to continue with my weight training that I ultimately just stopped. Terrible idea. Next time around I'm doing things much different and just staying true to my body.
 
SO- if you've made it this far- THANK YOU for listening...I'm almost done here.

My goal now is to figure out a healthy and constructive weight loss program post-baby. I plan to track my progress and hope to share it with everyone. It will help me hold myself accountable and maybe, just maybe...help someone else.

 22 Days!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment