Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Third Trimester...Hollaaa


Christian is weighing over 2 lbs and is 14 inches long!

How many weeks? 27! aka Home Stretch!
Total weight gain: 25
Maternity clothes? Yep, although I am still "trying" to wear my regular tops as long as I can
Stretch marks? Zero, I pray it stays this way...
Sleep: Not fun! I know it will only get worse but I cannot get comfortable
Best moment this week: Mama got Christian his 1st Buck! I will share pics & story  below
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back and booze ;)  
Movement: I have a little Monkey in my belly!! He is an active boy!
Food cravings: Meat and hearty foods, although for the 1st time I had a "had to have moment", when I saw Egg Nog milkshakes advertised for McDonalds. It was better than I had hoped! YUM! Love holiday drinks!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm a lucky gal-nothing has bothered me!
Gender: Little Boy :)
Symptoms: BIG Ol' BELLY! WOW!
Belly Button in or out? in
Mood?: Happy! Everything has fallen into place! I have a wonderful Man by my side, a little mini- Tyler on the way and all the love and support from my family and friends. I certainly am BLESSED!
Looking forward to: Taking little Christian deer hunting next season...

Deer vs. Car

This past Saturday the Beathard gals came up to Holmes County for a fun getaway weekend with my Mom. Friday night they shopped and we met for dinner then Saturday we made our rounds to all the local country stores. Later that evening Mom, Ann and Jessica were going to a play in Sugar Creek so Chelsea and I were just going to head back to my house and hang out after a long day of shopping.

After Jessica dropped us off at my car around 6:15 as we were our way back to Millersburg we came up over a hill and there taking his good ol' time crossing was a buck! I was going about 45-50 mph and tried to slow down as much as I could, knowing I was going to hit the deer. I braced for impact using my right arm to cover Christian, left hand to stay straight and closed my eyes as we hit him. Luckily for us my airbags did not deploy and my car (which I just purchased in September) took the hit like a champ.

I immediately pulled over and looked at Chelsea and asked if she was ok then asked her what we do now since she is/was a paramedic.  She said call Tyler and he told me to go ahead and call 911. We call in and the dispatcher sends out a trooper right away. I was a little shaken up and my breathing got a little crazy after the hit, but I was happy I didn't completely freak out!

Chels and I move my car down the road as my bumper lay smashed into my front left tire. Due to the traffic and it being so dark  it was important that we get off  St. Rt. 39. The trooper arrived within 10 minutes or so and asked if we were ok,  THEN  wanted to know how many "points" the deer was. I'm like "Points? ...Uh it was a male buck? Is that what you're asking?"

OK- Let's get this straight. For all you ladies out there who aren't into hunting (which would be me) Tip #1  if someone questions you about "points" on a deer they are referring to their antlers. Tip #2  NEVER combine the words "Male Buck" in the same sentence, you sound like a complete idiot! (kudos to me! I blame it on the pregnancy). Tip # 3 When you're about to CRASH into a deer and it happens to be a "BUCK" you MUST count the antlers on him, this is vital information that I failed to collect.

Next post lesson: "Coon Hunting 101 with Natalie" ;)

To top if off as we are waiting for the tow truck to come get my car and Amish man pulls over and asked "Uh, I just wanted to see if anyone was going to take that deer?" I look at Tyler and I'm like "OH. MY. GOSH! He is serious!?" Tyler just grinned and told the man to take it. But I said that I wanted it because we were going to mount it's head in Christian's nursery!

At any rate- the trooper had the man bring it back so he could write him a tag. Within 10 minutes or so he brings the buck back (all in one piece to my surprise!) so instead of a wall mounting I guess a picture will have to do. Either way Mama Bear got Christian his 1st Buck! How about that!?

Maybe it's time to go back to the city...? just teasing Tyler ;)


You can even see the antler marks on my hood!


Pretty messy eh?

Tyler and I went to check on her in daylight...wasn't any better :(

And here he is... Happy Holidays ;)
Needless to say, someone was certainly looking over us that night! God is GOOD! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment