Tuesday, November 27, 2012

So happy!

Saturday, November 17, 2012- A day I will remember forever!

Tyler and I were traveling south to spend the weekend celebrating my cousin Julie's 30th birthday and my Dad's birthday. We had just arrived in London and pulled up to my parents house to be greeted by my sweet niece Ella Jean and my Mom.

I was getting out of the car and Tyler came around the front ( to, what I thought) help me with the bags, but he asked me to put the bags down. So as I'm trying to set the bags down, he starts taking them out of my hand not knowing they are caught on the ring on my right hand. I'm like " OMG Tyler, what are you doing?!" He gets my bags out of my hand and it looking at me shaking...
I'm thinking "oh geez, what is he doing!?" As he grabs both hands smiling he says to me,
"Natalie, 4 years ago when I met you, I let you slip out of my life...I never want that to happen again.I love you." And I'm like "What? I love you too!? What are you doing?!" so then he reaches in his pocket and drops down on his knee and asked me to marry him!!!

Meanwhile, Mom and Ella are still in the yard, Mom is trying to sneak away and Ella has run off at this point. I hug and kiss Tyler after I told him I suppose I would marry him (I'm only kidding ;) he he)... I told him "Yes!" And then I smacked him for being such a sneak. I look up at Mom and asked her if she knew about this and she said she didn't know it was going to be then, but thought it was going to happen that weekend. Tyler grinned and told me he called Dad that morning to ask him.

Not only was the day extra special for the obvious reason, but when I asked him why he chose that day and not the following weekend (which I later found out was his original plan) he told me that when I told him the night before that it was Grandpa's birthday the next day (the 17th) he wanted it to be on that day.

Tyler never got a chance to meet my Grandpa. I am always telling him how he reminds me of him with his passion to fish and his kind heart. My Grandpa never got mad at my Grandma- In fact, he would giggle at her when she would get fired up-which is exactly what Tyler does to me. I see a lot of Grandpa in Tyler and I feel in my heart that my Grandpa had a lot to do with Tyler and I meeting and now starting a family together. Makes my heart smile...

Another special part of this day was the ring. The ring I am wearing means so much to me because it's not just any ring- it was the ring my Grandmother "Ee" wore. My Dad had given his mother's ring to Tyler a couple months ago and wanted Tyler to have it. It is simply beautiful and the fact that it was in my family makes it so special. Ee was a remarkable woman who without her, I would not be the lady I am today. Ee instilled in me the importance of acting like a lady and the value of cherishing family tradition. I am so honored and proud to wear this ring. My Dad left me a note in the box telling me that this ring was worn with a lot of "love". I promise to carry on that tradition with love and honor to Tyler for the rest of my life- just as Ee did with my Grandfather Jimmy.  

Saying I'm lucky would be an understatement. I have been blessed beyond belief with all the wonderful things in my life. One being that I have an amazing family and now have found the man of my dreams, who is not only a perfect match for me but will be an amazing father to our son. I am truly the luckiest gal around and can't wait for this upcoming year! I get to start my family and marry my Best Friend.
 
 
Lucky in Love <3


 
 
My BEAUTIFUL ring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment