Monday, October 22, 2012

WOW!

My gorgeous 6 month roses from the sweetest guy on earth!
Thank you Tyler for always being so thoughtful!
I love you sweetie

I'm officially 6 months pregnant! I cannot believe it! I am feeling a mix of emotions, but definitely getting excited for the fun stuff ahead these upcoming months.

My first baby shower is this Sunday, October 28th in my hometown hosted by my wonderful Mom. Registering was a bit challenging at first, since I could only register for items online.Tyler and I made a trip to Babies R' Us and Target to see how the items I chose looked in person...and thank goodness we did because the original "Travel System" I registered for online was purple in person! In my defense- it definitely looked black and grey on the computer screen! Stellar job on my end eh?
It can be very overwhelming once you realize how many items these little ones need and how costly all the "have to have" items are. I mean would it really hurt if Tyler just put a rope on a tree out back with mini swing attached and a mini trampoline underneath -instead of buying a actual "jumper"?  That should do the same thing plus it's a lot more cost efficient! I'm kidding.( I'm starting to sound like a little country bumpkin!)
I do know that many of the items  that we "need" will come in handy and I'll be thankful we have them but being new to all of this it's hard to really "get" ;)

Other than growing daily, I feel really great! I went for a walk last week and ended up running a half a mile! *Please note: My run now vs. my run pre-pregnancy have totally different meanings. Because we live in the country and I am on the back roads, I'm able to attempt this without completely losing all my pride. Heck, I was just happy to finish without peeing my pants! (seriously)

We still have our hands full on our "to do" list, and I'm getting a bit nervous thinking about the time left and the holidays quickly sneaking up. I have no doubt that everything will work itself out but I guess it's time to really start moving! Little Christian Douglas will be here before we know it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment