Monday, October 1, 2012

Baby Small is a...

 My doctor appointment was scheduled Friday morning. Tyler and I were so anxious the night before we could barely sleep! My Mom, Diane (Tyler's Mom) and my Aunt Nanette were meeting us in the morning at the clinic for the ultrasound.

They recommend you drink 32 ounces of clear liquid prior to your appointment to make it easier to see the baby, so by the time we arrived to Wooster (30-35 min drive from us) I had about 42 ounces (just to be safe) of water and was ready to get the appointment going! We walked into the clinic with the ladies greeting us with smiles.  As I go to check in the woman working looks at me and says " Natalie, your appointment was at 8:00 not 8:30". I immediately turn red and feel like I'm going to cry because Caty was throwing us our "Gender Reveal" party that night so all I could think was having to call everyone because I AM A SPACE CADET and messed up my appointment times. I turn around to Tyler and the girls with this worried look on my face saying "OMG, Mom was right....my appointment was at 8:00!! I don't know what is wrong with me!"

After a minor freak out, the lady called back to Roger - the gentleman that performs the ultrasound to see if we could at least have a short visit. Lucky for us we DID!  As Roger was pressing on my belly he mumbles "It's a Boy..." I'm like " WHAT!? A BOY!?" I started to cry and so did Mom and Diane. Tyler looked at me so proud and so excited! It was truly a moment we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

So for the rest of the afternoon and early evening we had to keep it a secret because our party was at 7:00. It was SO hard not to share it with anyone, especially those who were trying to find out early ;)

All-and-all it was a PERFECT party! Caty and Carol out did themselves and made the night so special. The Cake Pops were a huge hit and all the little details from the pink and blue table cloths, centerpieces, Sweet Table and "Small Diaper Fund" made it perfect. Everyone enjoyed sweet snacks along with punch and some adult beverages ;)

We had a great turn out of family and friends and want to thank everyone again for making it. I know it was hard with it being on a Friday and short notice-but I can't tell you enough how much it meant to both Tyler and I having you there.  It was the perfect ending to the perfect day!

Tyler and I are excited to announce we are having a....
I tried to be "tricky" with all my pink-but everyone still thought it was a Boy! We choose the name Christian Douglas Small after both of our fathers. Family is so important to us and little Christian is so lucky to already have so much love.

Here are a few pics from the party. Enjoy!
 
The Cake Pop Diva and Hostess-
My cousin Caty

My wonderful girlfriends!
Emily, Mel, Caty, Sarah, Baby Scarlett and Megan

My cousin Julie, Sister-in-law Angie, Cousin Caty and Me

Janet, Mom, Me & Ann




Me and my Dad after announcing.
So excited for his 1st Grandson!



No comments:

Post a Comment